aaaahhhhhh...Friday I love recovery day. Took today off from running to let the muscles recover from the week's stress before a Saturday long run. Since I had some free time and the weather was perfect, I figured why not get some nice saddle time in. Got up to the park, and next thing I know it was two hours later. Cycled down to Starbucks and had a nice Signature Hot Chocolate...mmmmm.
Since there is no workout to report, I thought it might be a nice opportunity to talk about that new running style. So I read about this from two reputable sources. One being from Olympic Marathon Medalist Meb Keflezighi, and the second being from professional triathlete Jessi Stensland, who is currently trying to incorporate this as well.
It's running with the glutes. with each step as soon as your foot lands underneath you, you engage your glute to finish the stride and propel you forward, next with the other foot and repeat. This is particularly effective with ascending hills. I have only been practicing this for a short time, but I find it helps tremendously in creating a more effective stride. Plus I can't change things too much with a big race only a few weeks away. But again, I find it is effective and I will be working on making this natural during my conditioning period after Boston.
Well, that's all I have to say about that. Try it out if it isn't something you already do.
Talk to you after the long run tomorrow.
Cheers!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment