My photo
I'm an endurance athlete!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

How is it feeling?

Gotta love tempo runs in the misty rain. Just keeps your body temp nice and cooled. My training is definitely paying off. I had a hard run today, and my energy level afterward was fantastic. I had a wetsuit and gear clinic tonight, so I got my workout done right before hand. Finished the workout down in Union Square, with some time in the bank, so I went to Whole Foods and had a huge salad, and some pineapple for dinner...mmmmm There is nothing like fueling your body with some real healthy earthy goodness after a hard run. Can't wait for the WF to open in my neighborhood soon. After some great eats, went right to the clinic, stood working and talking for about 2 hours, and felt fine. This gets my psyched about the way things are going; maybe my coach isn't killing me after all.

So, the details:
5 mile easy warm up (38 minutes)
7 miles at marathon pace (6:50 minutes per mile) right where I want to be

conditions were awful. Since I was running on the West Side board walk, the wind was super strong, and against me of course. But the misty rain felt great, kept me cool while I was fighting the wind. Overall, the run felt great, can't complain. I have tomorrow off (so maybe a lite bike ride, we'll see) and my LAST :) long run on Saturday. Mileage count so far since Monday...47miles! Here we come taper.

Oh, I also started trying a new running technique today, something I read. I'll talk about this in a different post, don't want things getting too long. Maybe tomorrow.
Ok guys, Later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment