So in this blog, I would like to give a HUGE shout out to my sister Susan, on an awesome job well done in the More & Fitness Magazine Half Marathon. Congrats Sue, you should be proud.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Catch Up
So, I am sitting thinking about my own training and some races coming up. I then start thinking back over the past few weeks of races and what I want to update on. It then occurs to me; I have not congratulated my sister on a job well done in her race a few weeks ago. My sis Sue ran her first ever 1/2 marathon here in beautiful NYC two weeks back. I coached her through training over the course of 3 months. Yours truly had her doing long runs, recovery runs, hill workouts an some tempo runs. Come race day on the 26th she was ready to go. She gets to the start line and because of shear heat, they cancel the full marathon, and turn the 1/2 into an unofficial fun run (no timing chips). Even still she powers through and boasts an astounding 2:08:26 for her first 1/2 EVER. How about that? I got a call from her the next day saying she want to do another one; this running thing sure gets addicting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment