My photo
I'm an endurance athlete!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Past Few Weeks

Well, it’s been quite busy lately, sorry for being MIA. Just now getting back into the full swing of training. I had a small 5k race last night. The NYRR Wall Street Challenge 5K. It was a great turn out of a little over 4,200 completers. The race was at night, which was a great change of pace from normal. I finished in 42nd place, which I’ll take, considering I haven’t trained for, much less run a 5k since high school. It was also a great surprise saying as how I lost my Polar in CA, and had no watch to use during the race. I could only more or less “guess” I was going the right pace throughout.

This coming weekend I will be heading out to CO for the BolderBoulder 10k on Monday. It is the nations largest race, and one of the fastest 10ks. It should be interesting, saying as how I have never done high-altitude training, let alone racing. I can’t wait to get out there though and measure myself against some of the big boys in the sport.

I also am looking forward to after this hectice week of races. I will be able to sink fully into a great schedule of training hard, working, and all around summer fun. I just signed up for my first triathlon yesterday. So, I will now be including those additional two sports into my training. I will be participating in Flat As A Pancake Tri on Staten Island. They serve free pancakes after the race J Can’t wait!!! Well, I think that was a lot just now, so I’ll let you all go. I will update again after the race. Cheers, Alll!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment