My photo
I'm an endurance athlete!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

RunNYC

Hey everyone!!
Tonight was an okay night. The run was great, although it wasn't the workout I was suppose to do. I went to the Nike Town run tonight, which is conducted by my old coach, and he pushed me kinda hard, but that always feels great. I went there thinking I would be able to do the workout my present coach gave me. So, what does all this mean? Let me break it down for you.

Scheduled Workout:
5 Mile Warm Up
5 Mile marathon pace (6:52miles)

Actual Workout:
5 Mile Warm Up (to NikeTown and joined group)
1 Mile Easy
5 Mile Tempo Pace (6:10miles)

So, to sum up, I did one mile extra, and the hard 5 was 42 seconds faster per mile then scheduled. Hhhhmmmm. Felt great out there though, running with some quick folks and being pushed always helps. Even after the workout though, I feel terrific, refreshed, and still have tons of energy. Since that was my last hard workout, that means I now enter a full on taper. Its been a hard, challenging season, and I think it paid off. We'll see in two weeks. Bring it Boston!!!
**A mini shout out to my Sis Susan, who ran her longest distance ever this past weekend 12 miles, in preparation for her first ever half marathon. The big shout out comes when she finishes.**

No comments:

Post a Comment