Today was a brief and easy practice race. It was a 10k, and my goal was to hit 8's. I just needed to practice holding back, and behaving. That is exactly what I did. My goal was achieved, and I was able to average out my splits to just above an 8 minute mile. We are looking good for next Boston, next Monday. I carried a touch fast going down some of the hills, which I guess just means I need to practice holding back even more. It was a rainy 45 degrees today. It was perfect weather to do a short race in, keeps the body temp perfectly regulated. It was also a Team In Training event for us, so we had a lot of athletes from TNT representing, and a lot of course support. It ws a great event.
The event, The Scottland 10K, was put on by NYRR. All entrants were entered to win a trip for 2 to Scottland, and entry into the Lochnes Marathon. Your's truly did not win. Oh well, what are you gonna do?
All in all, it was a great day.
The rest of training this past week, has been going well. It's is just a taper period, so that means nothing hard or strenuous. Name of the game right now is rest, relax, and rebuild the muscles and body to peak performance for next week.
Bring it Boston!!!
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment