My photo
I'm an endurance athlete!

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

First Race

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I had my first race the other weekend. It was the New York City 4-Mile Holiday Run. I was expecting to run 7minute miles, and was able to go above my goal, and I ended up running 6:30 miles. Out of 5000 runners, I came in 193rd place @ a time of 26 minutes and 7 seconds, the fastest time being just over 20 minutes. There were some very fast guys running. I was very happy with my performance; hopefully it is a sign of good things to come throughout my training.
We have had a couple group training sessions since the race too. On the Saturday run we had an 8mile run. We took the large loop around Central Park. The temperature wasn't too bad, so it was a nice run. Ramon, our head coach came dressed in a Santa outfit, full red suit, beard and all; he ran like that too for about 4 miles.
On our Tuesday practice, we did a lot of cross training, and calisthenics.After a nice hard workout, Molly and I went to Jackson Hole for some good, huge grilled burgers and fries. I would like to mention I was sore as hell the next day from the lunges and squat jumps; it hurt to stand up for about 2 days afterwards. Ok, time to go have some Christmas snacks, enjoy the holiday.

1 comment: