My photo
I'm an endurance athlete!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Aspen


I've been in Aspen/ Snowmass for a week now with Molly, her family, and our buddy Colin, and it has been amazing. I will used this as my cross training for the week or so that I'm out here. The snow has been incredible; it has snowed everyday. I have been skiing into the glades and back country and found myself in waist-deep powder each time. The last day of skiing Colin and I headed upto the Cirque (12,500ft) tip-top of the mountain and did some of the EX Doubles, an had quite possibly the best runs of our lives. Yep thats it in the left corner of the right picture. The bottom picture is the view from The Cirque before you head down...beautiful. The only thing better than the skiing out here has been the beer after the hard day of skiing. You can really tell a difference in you breathing and heart rate out here with the altitude. I would love to be able to spend the entire winter out here; what an incredible place, we have been real fortunate to spend this time out here. Talk to you when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment