It has slowed a hair, only a hair though. So I though I might take the opportunity to update quickly. So The last entry ended up being more of a race cap, than anything else. This time, lets talk about some of the fun adventures I have been on in the past 2 weeks.
Started on July 3rd. Headed out to Ohio, for a friends wedding. I went to the Doo Dah Parade on July 4th, in Columbus. If you have never been to the DooDah, it's a must go event. I can't even tell you about it. Then, we headed to Troy, Ohio, and did the Tri the next morning. An awesome event, HFP Racing puts on a terrific local event. I would definitely do it again in the future. After the race, we rushed back to the house to shower up and get ready for the wedding; not much down time. We went to the wedding, yada-yada. We then flew out early the next morning for CO for a week.
Arrived CO, and went to town on that place. We did everything from running, to white water rafting. I did a few hill workouts, which blew my legs apart. Later that day I went fly-fishing. The cold, cold water felt great on my legs from earlier that day. That is a fun sport, so relaxing. It is always nice to slow things down a touch, and just enjoy nature pass by. The guide we went through was Crystal Fly Shop. They were a great outfit, and real knowledgeable. I would recommend them to any one looking to learn and experience the art & sport of fly fishing.
We spent a day on top Aspen Mountain playing Frisbee golf. Always a blast. We played the front nine only, I shot a four on every hole except for the first and last; talk about consistency. Following, a couple of us went down to the Village, and relaxed with some cocktails and seafood apps, before heading back to Sagewald for some pizza and beer.
Next day we spent some time on the bike along the Colorado River, followed by a nice hike, and then back on the bike and back into town. That was an awesome day, with some real hardcore playing. You gotta love playing outside Colorado Style. The day was capped off with a another nice wedding along a stream bed
Now, you would think that the next day we might relax and take it easy; nope! Went back out and at it again. We went down the Slaughter House Falls. That's right, white water rafting down Class 4 rapids. This was a blast. We went through this awesome outfit called Kiwi Adventure Ko (KAK as they more affectionately go by). This was an amazing group of guides. Each raft was intimate in that it only had two people, plus a guide. This allowed the raft to twist and turn a lot easier, and even flip and send us floating down the current on a couple occassions. This was a blast, and the guides (mostly from New Zealand) were absolutely outstanding. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome, thrilling adventure.
What next you ask? Your's truly got engaged. That's right, I am now fianced. Looks like this year will be even busier then thought.
It is now back to normalcy though in New York. Trying to unpack everything after our move, busy with work, and trying to keep up with my training. The weekend runs are getting long.
Well, this has been a lot of writing, so I will cut it off here, and let you get on with your day. Look forward to the next entry, and get back to some basics of training. Until the next adventure…go play outside!

No comments:
Post a Comment