So, it has been sometime since my last post. My biggest apologies.
What I have been up to since?
1. NYC Marathon - I paced my fiancee to help her get a PR. Successful!!
2. Knickerbocker 60K - I raced my first ultra marathon successfully. I finished in the top 20 which is what I wanted. Awesome experience and can't wait to do it again someday.
3. Mooseman70.3 - I completed my first Half Ironman. This was amazing. It poured rain the entire time, I lost my siting during the swim, my leg cramped like no tomorrow on the bike, and I flew on the run. The entire time I smiled though. It was one of the single best experiences in my life. I can't wait to really train hard and come out of the gates swinging next season. I'm stoked!!
4. Mrs. Tafrate - I got married!!! I married said girlfriend and fiancee mentioned during many past posts. Most amazing day ever! SHE SAID YES!!! I can't wait to always have my very own Mrs. Molly Tafrate, my best friend, by my side for all of my endurance adventures; forever.
5. Costa Rica - I was lucky enough to spend my honeymoon with my new wife in Costa Rica for two weeks. It was AMAZING!! A post and pictures to follow in a future post.
6. Job - I made a career change. I am now able to live my passion all day, every day. I left the desk job at Team In Training for an awesome change to coaching and an amazing job as manager at JackRabbit Sports UES! I now get to live and breath my sport, and introduce it to new people everyday.
Life is pretty good right now. I am super excited to be back on here. I hope you all start to follow again; and enjoy living endurance vicariously through my eyes and words.
Never stop moving!!
Cheers,
Rob
Friday, September 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment