Here is the training through this past Sunday:
Monday (8th) – 8 miles easy
Tuesday – 6 miles easy
Wednesday – Crosstrain
Thursday – 25 mile bike (with one crash in the middle, and a broken helmet)
Friday – Recovery
Saturday – 12 mile run
Sunday – 63 mile bike (easy out, hard back)
That was last weeks training. Nothing too hard, except for Sunday's ride. This weeks intensity will be MUCH harder. The crash last week was pretty brutal. I was going around a turn, when a pace line of "roller bladers" came towards me and wouldn't yield or move at all. Forced me to veer of the road and sent me head first over the handelbars, onto the asphalt. Ended up with a little road rash, a torn jersey, and a broken helmet. The rash isn't too bad, I've had worse; a little on the arm, and shoulder, down the back, and a great raspberry on the tush; sorry ladies for no pic of that, but we have to keep it PG on here. My helmet split through and through, clean crack from the base up to the crown. One hell of an argument for always wearing your helmet, no matter how advanced/experienced you are; it saved my life. I had some pretty bad whiplash though, took about 4 days for that to subside. Dr. Shure took care of that nicely yesterday and did his magic on my neck; feels amazing now, the man is great at his job. I don't think I could train the way I do without his help; check him out.
The rest of the week was easy, nothing hard. I guess it was a good recovery week for how much I have been slamming back into things the past few weeks. I feel great now coming into this week of harder training. The first Tri is coming up, and I think I am almost ready. I need a little more work in water, but the bike, run, and transitions are pretty in line. Things are looking good heading into next weekend. I have been digging the multi sport training, and I think it is doing wonders for my running times too. With that said, I have signed up for two more Sprint Tri's by August; one through NYRR, and one in OH. I am sure I'll find a few more too. Well, that has been a lot of info, so I'll cut it off here.

No comments:
Post a Comment